Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Marriage: Working Husband

I am blessed with a man who works hard to makes sure that we can pay the bills and have the things we need. However, he works in a town a little over an hour away and we can't afford for him to travel back and forth everyday, so he is gone Monday thru Friday. This will be the first week that I am without my husband. 

Since Jacob and I lived together prior to marriage, I will say that not too much has physically changed in our relationship since we tied the knot. There is, however, a different kind of spiritual and emotional bond that wasn't there before. I find myself not getting onto him over stupid, little things that I would have before. Those things don't seem to matter anymore. Because of this new found marriage bond, saying goodbye to him this morning was especially hard.

I am not a fan of him having to travel so far so early. Ever since his grandpa passed away in a car accident a little over a year ago, I have had this almost phobia of Jacob traveling. I just realized how quickly a life can be taken and how much his life means to me. So whenever I don't have the control over the car or I'm not with him, it's hard for me to breath and think positively about him traveling. You may think that's strange, but I'm just trying to be honest with what I have to deal with day-to-day.

Back to the week without my husband. I have to take a moment to gives much needed shout out to those military wives (and husbands.) I have no idea how you do it. You are amazingly strong people and I think each one of you needs recognition. I hate being away from Jacob for the four days a week I have to say goodbye to him. I can't imagine saying goodbye to him for months or years at a time, not knowing if he is going to come back safely. I know your spouse is the one that is fighting for our country, but you are fighting the fear that you may have to raise a family on your own. Each one of you are my heroes and thank you for allowing your spouses/fathers/mothers and so on to fight for our freedom.

I know I miss Jacob already and he hasn't been gone an hour yet. But I also know that this is what needs to be done right now in our life. He is currently looking for a job in town so that this won't have to go on much longer. Until then, I am going to have to be thankful for the hard working man that God has blessed me with.

-Mrs. Atchley

No comments:

Post a Comment